Newly invigorated BAR 17 show
This post originated from FB101.com
BAR 17 Expo: May 21-22
In 2017, the National Restaurant Association is curating an immersive experience for beverage and alcohol professionals through a newly invigorated BAR 17 show. Held Sunday, May 21 and Monday, May 22 at Chicago’s McCormick Place, BAR 17 offers attendees the opportunity to share ideas through new programming, appearances industry leaders, and an expanded exhibition floor.
This year’s show, hosted adjacent to the National Restaurant Association Restaurant Hotel-Motel Show 2017 (NRA Show®), features the inaugural BAR Management Conference, a tailored selection of specialized learning sessions created to address the issues facing beverage and alcohol professionals. In addition, show attendees can look forward to a slate of programming and resources to help them keep up with the newest trends, products, and ingredients to boost their productivity, profitability, and customer loyalty.
Registration is now open for beverage professionals and members of the media; a BAR 17 pass also includes access to the NRA Show from May 20-23. A full programming schedule will be unveiled in the coming weeks, with highlights including:
- Hottest products in the industry— An expanded show floor features exhibitors from across the globe presenting the latest and greatest products and solutions for attendees to see, touch, taste, and test throughout the conference.
- BAR Management Conference— A brand-new offering for 2017, featuring 18 specialized sessions in four targeted tracks, including Beverage Trends & Innovation, Bar Food & Menu Development, Team Training & Building and Marketing, Promotion & Social Media. Note: Separate registration required.
- Beverage Industry Leaders and Top Talent— World Class Bartender of the Year Charles Joly, author, “Modern Mixologist” Tony Abou-Ganim, and spirits historian and creative cocktail consultant Brian Van Flandern are among the celebrity bartenders and mixologists leading demonstrations on BAR’s Main Stage, focusing on how to turn trends into hot menu items, as well as special education sessions geared towards developing more effective marketing and promotions.
- Star of the BAR Finals— Star of the Bar is a national cocktail competition that invites five finalists from leading culinary cities – Boston, Chicago, Miami, Austin, and San Francisco. Finalists will be invited to the show floor for a cocktail battle in front of judges Charles Joly and Tony Abou-Ganim, with one winner crowned, “Star of the Bar.” This year, BAR 17 partners with the US Bartenders’ Guild to host regionals across the country.
- Specialty Areas & Pavilions— Sprinkled across the BAR floor, these curated specialty areas and pavilions are grouped by top trends, products, and emerging technology to help you navigate easily. Among the exciting offerings: Craftique Pavilion, which focuses on limited-production and emerging producers, including a concentration of indie distilleries, breweries and wineries; and the BAR Bites, where beverage and alcohol professionals can learn how to use food to extend the guests stay and enhance the bar experience.
- Jon Taffer Keynote— Spike TV’s Bar Rescue Host and Executive Producer Jon Taffer returns to BAR to give the keynote speech of the conference on Sunday, May 21. Taffer will provide his insight on industry best practices, and how operators can evolve and change with trends.